Balancing Motherhood and Self-Care ft. Chloe Dumont
This collection is so special for so many ways. Not only are we dropping positive and vibrant styles, but it launches just in time for Mother's Day on May 5th @ 6pm PST as a reminder that moms deserve self-care and confidence too.
So, we're highlighting some questions from #VitaeBabe @ChloeDumont on balancing motherhood and self-care.
Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
My name is Chloe Dumont! I am a proud mother of two little girls, aged 4 and a half and 2 and a half. Abigaelle & Charlie!
How do you incorporate self-care activities into your mom routine?
It's really important to include ''me time'' in my daily routine, such as taking advantage of my daughters' nap to take care of me, or taking advantage of it while my husband is having a wonderful father-daughters time just so I can enjoy some time to myself! The way I like to take care of myself is taking the time to do my skincare routine, to take a good bath, to train/workout, to take care of my mind-body & soul by meditating, practicing affirmations, or even going for a walk, - all those things that do my body and soul good. These make me feel good and are so important to include in my daily life for my personal well-being as a woman, and not just as a mother!
What is a piece of advice for Moms struggling with confidence, and finding that balance?
It's so hard, I find, as a mom/new mom to trust yourself. It's hard to have confidence in our abilities as a mother, and to have confidence in ourselves. There is no instruction manual to raise our children, we have to trust our mom instincts and often we are faced with so much advice or comments and we no longer know where to turn, who to listen to, what to do?! The only advice I can give is to listen to yourself and trust this instinct that lives in us. Because every mom is the best mom for her child. Every child is different, just like every mom is different. You have to take what you can, and leave the advice that doesn't work for you. Although it's easier said than done, I think my best advice would really be to ''trust the process'' and ''trust your instinct''. Yes there will be times, difficult passes, but all passes eventually pass (thank god haha), and you end up being nostalgic for some of those less easy times when you see them grow, see personalities develop, see them become more independent, as well as see YOURSELF grow.
What are 5 tips that help with your self-care routine?
- Reduce my screen time. As an influencer agent and content creator myself, I spend a lot of time on my phone for work and increasingly try to reduce that time in order to spend quality time with myself, and with my family and loved ones. Among other things, for some time now, in the evenings and on weekends, I leave my phone aside as much as possible to enjoy every moment.
- Train daily. Whether it's an intense workout, a yoga session or a walk in the woods behind the house, moving really does me good for my body and my mind. I notice the benefits of working out daily especially when I skip a day of exercising. Taking care of my body and my mind helps me a lot with my anxiety too.
- Schedule "Me-time" in a planner. Whether it's getting a massage in the comfort of my own home, as I book myself every month, or even going for a facial treatment in the salon, it's the kind of perfect moment that helps me unwind and just enjoy this moment.
- Learn to say no. It is also part of my daily wellness routine to learn to listen more to my body and know my limits. Learn to say no to others, but say yes to me. Learn to choose me more.
- Meditation rituals. I have learned to appreciate these moments and live them fully. To get the bad and negative things out of my life, out of my thoughts - to make room for gratitude, the positive, and peaceful moments in my life and in my mind. It helps me a lot to refocus on the essentials, myself, and to let go of the things that can harm me on a daily basis with their bad vibes.
What's a self-care quote that you live by?
Celebrate yourself everyday. Because we should celebrate every little victory every day. Because it allows us to find the positive in each day, it allows us to focus on what each day has brought us to grow as a person through the trials, through what we are going through.
Let this be your reminder that if you're a mom, you deserve self-care time. Actually, self-care time is essential, so you can be the best mom you can be.
We want to thank @ChloeDumont for being open about her personal experience being a mom, and finding that balance.
Don't forget to shop The Empower Collection this week on May 5th @ 6pm PST. There's limited quantities of everything, so don't be late!
Laissez un commentaire